Sunroom Seating Nokomis FL
Collector's Wall Of Fine Art Galleries (The)
4976 Tamiami Trl
Brum Art Glass Inc
4099 S Tamiami Trl
Glass Crafters Stained Glass
398 Interstate Ct
Blue Line Inc
301 Central Ave
Benjamin Moore Paints
2031 12th St
Ann's Custom Framing & Art Gallery
2178 Gulf Gate Dr
Art Craft Upholstering
4023 Sawyer Rd Unit 100
12 N Blvd Of Presidents
Art & Frame of Sarasota
1055 S Tamiami Trl Ste 102
Studio One Art Collection
4367 Independence Ct
When you entertain alfresco this summer, surprise your guests with comfy and colorful pillows scattered about on your lawn furniture. Hundreds of durable outdoor fabrics are available for outdoor decor, ranging from the subdued colors of nature to bright stripes and charming prints.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Striped and print outdoor fabrics in varying amounts
- 16∗ matching zipper for each pillow
- Polyester or down pillow forms
- 7/8 yard of 3/8∗-wide iron-on bonding tape (for the blue and white striped pillow)
- Matching all-purpose thread
- Rotary cutter and accessories
- Follow these general directions to add the zipper to each pillow style.
- Cut out all the pieces for each pillow, and then serge the edges to prevent fraying. Assemble each pillow front according to the individual directions and using 1/2∗ seam allowances. Press the seams to one side.
- To insert the zipper, fold the front and back pillow piece lower edges 1/2∗ to the wrong sides; press. Unfold the pressed edges, and place the pillow front and back together with right sides facing. Stitch in the crease about 2 1/2∗ from each end, leaving an opening for the zipper. Attach a zipper foot to your sewing machine.
- With the pillow front and back right side up, center the closed zipper under the opening; pin if desired. Align the pillow-front folded edge with the lengthwise center of the zipper, and then topstitch 1/4∗ from the fabric edge along the zipper length; backstitch and cut the thread. Rotate the project around and position the pillow-back folded edge so it abuts the pillow-front folded edge; topstitch the other side of the zipper from beginning to end.
- Clip into the seam allowances about 1/2∗ from each zipper end so the seam allowances open flat just past the zipper. Open the zipper. With wrong sides facing, stitch the remaining three sides of the pillow.
- Turn the pillow right side out, insert the form and close the zipper.
Square Deal (18∗ square)
Cut a 21∗ square from blue-and-white stripe fabric, making sure to center the stripes from top to bottom exactly. Using a yardstick and pencil, draw diagonal lines connecting the corners and forming four triangles (1).
Cut the square precisely along the lines. Use the two triangles with the stripes parallel to the longest edge; discard the other two. Using the retained triangles as patterns, place them on the remaining fabric. Carefully align all the stripes and cut two more identical triangles. Cut a 19∗ fabric square for the pillow back; set it aside.
Arrange the four triangles so the stripes form concentric squares (2). Working with two adjoining triangles, turn under and press a 1/2∗ seam allowance on one triangle where it will meet the other triangle. Press the 3/8∗ bonding tape to the turned-under seam allowance; remove the paper backing. With right sides facing up, place the turned-under edge o...
Click here to read the rest of the article from Sew News